Still no pastrami sandwich. Still no guinea pig. What’s the deal with the cigarette?
I installed iOS 11.1 yesterday, tantalized by Apple’s boasting of tons of new emoji. Confession: Emoji are great fun. Guess what I looked for right after the completed software install?
Many of the 190 new emoji are skin-tone variations on new or existing people or body parts. That’s good: Not everyone is yellow, like the Simpsons. (If you don’t count the different skin-tone versions, there are about 70 new graphics.)
New emoji that I like:
- Steak. Yum!
- Shushing finger face. Shhhh!
- Cute hedgehog. Awww!
- Scottish flag. Och aye!
What’s still stupidly missing:
- Pastrami sandwich. Sure, there’s a new sandwich emoji, but it’s not a pastrami sandwich. Boo.
- There’s a cheeseburger (don’t get me started on the cheese top/bottom debate), but nothing for those who don’t put cheese on their burgers at all. Grrrr.
- Onion rings. They’ve got fries, but no rings. Waah.
- Coffee with creamer. I don’t drink my coffee black. Bleh.
- Guinea pig. That’s our favorite pet, but no cute little caviidae in the emoji. Wheek!
I still don’t like the cigarette emoji, but I guess once they added it in 2015, they couldn’t delete it.
Here is a complete list of all the emoji, according to PopSugar. What else is missing?