https://0bld03.p3cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/alan-zeichick-logo.png 0 0 Alan Zeichick https://0bld03.p3cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/alan-zeichick-logo.png Alan Zeichick2011-11-21 14:50:002011-11-21 14:50:00David Gerrold, Tribbles, cookbooks and more
You are undoubtedly wondering, “What’s going on with the SD Times team? What are those editors up to?” Let’s find out:
• Do you like tribbles? Read our new online column by David Gerrold, a longtime programmer and writer of the landmark episode of Star Trek, “The Trouble with Tribbles.” See his introductory piece, “Looking Backwards,” here.
I had the pleasure to work with David in the early 1990s, when he was a contributor to Computer Language Magazine and its CLMFORUM on CompuServe. It’s a pleasure to welcome David to SD Times as a columnist and blogger. Hint: Keep off his lawn.
• You may have noticed that former SD Times columnist J.D. Hildebrand began blogging for us a few months ago. J.D., a long-time technology writer, is the former editor of Computer Language Magazine, Unix Review, Windows Tech Journal and Embedded Systems Programming. He was one of the debut columnists in the very first issue of SD Times, in February 2000, and we welcome J.D. back to the team. Read his blog posts here.
• Click here to see a new online section, Developer Cookbook. Assembled by Don Williamson, a marketing exec at GrapeCity – but, more importantly, a world-class barbecue chef – this fun new part of our website demonstrates that there’s a lot more to programmer cuisine than pizza.
What about events?
• We recently completed our fantastic Android developer conference, AnDevCon II. It was a huge success. I am delighted to announce that AnDevCon III will be June 25-28, 2012, back in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are building its website, and will share more details soon.
• If your organization uses SharePoint, please join us at the next SPTechCon: The SharePoint Technology Conference. David Rubinstein, editor-in-chief of SD Times and conference chair for SPTechCon, has created an incredible program of workshops, technical classes, keynotes and a lot more. It’s in San Francisco, Feb. 26-29, 2012.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of our U.S. subscribers from everyone at SD Times. May your turkey be moist, and your yams be sweet.
Z Trek Copyright (c) Alan Zeichick